Technology Development Program - Infrastructure Track
- 160000T3 Requisition #
- Sep 02, 2016 Post Date
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
GEICO is seeking driven, innovative tech college graduates for our Technology Development Program – Infrastructure Track. Start your career with us. The possibilities are endless!
GEICO’s innovative technology teams have positioned our company as a mobile and internet leader, proving that we are more than just an insurance company. We’re a technology company.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Our Technology Development Program (TDP) is a 3-year rotational program based out of our corporate office in Washington D.C. As a full-time associate in TDP – Infrastructure Track, you can rotate through our Information Services, Systems Operations, Data Science and Internet Business divisions.
In TDP – Infrastructure Track, you will learn the ins and outs of how our multi-billion dollar company is using cutting-edge technologies. You will monitor and troubleshoot infrastructure components within GEICO’s enterprise to ensure all business applications are highly available, stable and performing well. You will support both software and firmware upgrades on GEICO’s infrastructure components to ensure they are current. You will attend design/architecture reviews and make recommendations as it pertains to GEICO’s standards, best practices and business application requirements. You will manage and support projects and create technical documentation as it relates to infrastructure changes. We’ll support your professional and technical development while you gain real, hands-on technical experience. You can take advantage of our in-house GEICO University to learn new technologies, languages, and soft skills. As part of the program, you will also receive mentoring from management to take your knowledge and skills to the next level.
Check out this video to see what it's like: https://youtu.be/Q91nuj4Naeo
• Recent bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related majors
• Overall cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
• Coursework or related experience using Java, .NET, iOS, Android or C# languages
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
• Well-rounded experiences outside of the classroom with different technologies
• Demonstrated leadership potential
• Ability to work and live in the Washington D.C. area
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union