Summer UX/UI Internship
- 160000TZ Requisition #
- Jan 31, 2017 Post Date
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
GEICO is a proven online, mobile and industry leader. We are seeking proven highly collaborative individuals to intern on our growing Digital Experience team as a UX Researcher, UI Designer, or UI Developer for ten weeks.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
As an intern, you will get the opportunity to get hands-on experience to grow and hone your skills while working alongside experienced team members. These experienced team members will provide valuable mentorship. As an intern, you’ll get the opportunity to work on several different projects that get implemented in production. Create and modify UI designs for mobile and web digital properties. Collaborate with analyst and development teams across the organization to create seamless user experiences. Create high-fidelity wireframes and design artifacts using Adobe Photoshop. Employ GEICO standards, style guides, and language in UX documents. Work from given business requirements and creative concepts to create UX documentation. Present and pitch designs to all levels of management.
Would you like to join our innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
You must meet some of the following qualifications but not all as it pertains to the role you are interested in on the team.
• BA/BS or higher in graphic design, user interface design, cognitive psychology, or a related discipline with a 3.0 min cumulative GPA
• Current junior status or second-year grad student
• Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills
• Proficient with Adobe Creative (Photoshop and Illustrator) and UX, prototyping, wire-framing, and mapping tools
• Experience designing responsive websites
• Basic understanding of HCI principles
• Basic knowledge of iOS and Android HIGs
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union