Staff Counsel seeks a Managing Attorney for its Staff Counsel office in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Under general supervision, the successful candidate will be responsible for administration of the office, including oversight of all day-to-day operations; evaluation and maintenance of staffing needs, submission of budgets and business plan, projections, and administration of salary plan, merit reviews and performance evaluations. The Managing Attorney will also be responsible for litigation oversight including new case evaluation and case assignments, internal quality audits, trial strategies and final review of all cases assigned for trial. In conjunction with the Director of Staff Counsel and others as applicable, implements the policies and procedures of the Department and ensures compliance. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational, writing, analytical and computer skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines. Applicants must have strong CHG timeliness, audit, client survey and closure ratio results. Some supervisory or management experience is preferred.
* Must be licensed to practice law in the State of Florida.
* Must have a minimum of 7 years experience in Personal Injury litigation
demonstrated sufficient trial ability as the attorney with primary trial responsibility in cases of significant severity and complexity.
* Must be able to travel to court, arbitrations, depositions and all other file related events.
* Must also be able to travel out of state to attend regional and management conferences.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.