What sets GEICO apart from our competition? One key factor is our ability to consistently provide outstanding claims service. As a Liability Claims Representative II, you are there for our customers when they need us most - after they have an accident. Being involved in a car accident can be a traumatic experience for most people and it takes a very special kind of person to empathize with and assist our customers when they are worried, upset, hurt or have caused injuries to another party.
As a GEICO Liability Claims Representative II, you will learn how to investigate and handle a variety of claims ranging from minor fender-benders to major accidents resulting in an injury claim. These claims involve liability disputes that often are not cut-and-dry, and can be quite complex!
As a newly hired associate you'll go through a comprehensive, industry-leading training program. First, we will teach you basic insurance concepts. Then, you will advance to learn about complex claim handling, contracts, determining legal liability of a claim, and settlement negotiation. You will learn to ask the proper questions and listen attentively to make fair and proper settlement decisions for property damage and bodily injury cases.
You will receive fully paid training and in states that require a license we will sponsor you for your Insurance License!
As a Liability Claims Representative II, you will:
- Empathize and assist customers who have been involved in an auto accident
- Investigate the facts of an accident that involves a liability dispute, review supporting documentation, determine who is at fault, and make decisions regarding claim payments
- Reconstruct accidents and take recorded interviews over the phone
- Investigate the nature and extent of injuries and negotiate claims to a fair resolution
- Provide insurance information and make arrangements for repair of damage
- Work with policyholders, claimants, doctor offices, medical insurers, auto repair shops, and often times lawyers and law enforcement
- Utilize our internal claims system to record, track and monitor insurance claims