Experienced Product Modeling Analyst
- 1700003O Requisition #
- Jan 31, 2017 Post Date
We are seeking experienced professionals to join our dynamic team!
At GEICO, analytics are fundamental to our business. Complex analysis underlies every major decision and is an essential component of our unique strategic vision. Analytics have and continue to be GEICO’s hallmark in the competitive auto insurance industry.
As a Modeling Analyst, you will apply data-mining, statistical and advanced modeling techniques to a myriad of types of data on a daily basis. You will be responsible for looking creatively at complicated business problems and developing innovative solutions, which you will then present to senior management.
From day one, your work will have an impact, forming the basis for truly transformative solutions. If you have a passion for problem-solving and you’re interested in making a real contribution at the fastest growing auto insurer in the U.S., then a GEICO analytics career may be the right fit for you!
We offer a variety of positions to build your own career path and develop a well-rounded view of the business.
What GEICO can offer you:
• Merit based recognition structure based on performance
• Hands on training about the multi-facets of your job
• Opportunity to join fast track Leadership Development Programs
• Exceptional work-life balance
• Corporate health, wellness and financial stability programs
• Collaborative work environment
Here are just a few of the functions that our Modeling Analysts perform:
• Build complex models to segment customers by risk profile
• Understand and more accurately predict customer behavior
• Develop tools to identify potential underwriting fraud
• Evaluate new sources of data for use in modeling insurance risk
• Must possess 1-3 years of work experience in an analytical or programming role
• Bachelor’s degree in Applied Mathematics, Decision Sciences, Statistics, Computer Science, Finance, Economics or related field
• At least a 3.0 overall GPA
• Demonstrated experience performing statistical analysis on large, complex datasets
• Advanced quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Detail-oriented and able to work under deadlines
• Master’s or other advanced degree is desired
Starting Salary mid $60,000s to mid $70,000s
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union