Electronic Content Management (ECM) Developer
- 3545 Requisition #
- Feb 14, 2017 Post Date
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
As an Electronic Content Management (ECM) Developer, you will be part of our Systems Operation Division. the Electronic Content Management (ECM) team you will have the opportunity to work with the latest ECM technologies to deliver real business value to GEICO. The infrastructure services and applications delivered by the GEICO ECM team are key to the success of GEICO, so not only will you be working with leading technologies but you will also directly contribute to the success of the business. You will be responsible for implementing enhancements to existing applications as well as developing completely new applications, exploiting recent infrastructure modernization. Importantly, the successful candidate will be a strong team player in addition to possessing strong technical skills. Finally, the selected candidate will be required to support a 24x7 on-call work environment.
Would you like to join our innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
• BS/MS degree in IT or related discipline strongly desired
• Ability to design, develop and implement high-quality code in a timely manner as well as lead others in the process is required
• Strong critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting and problem solving skills is preferred
• Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment is a must
• Ability and desire to learn new skills and techniques is a must
• Attention to detail, intellectual curiosity and ability to learn quickly is preferred
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Proven record as a team player and the ability to work independently given general direction
• A strong knowledge of the software development life cycle, especially in Agile methodologies is a must
• Knowledge of Windows and UNIX/AIX for administration and debugging tasks is desired
• Knowledge of SQL and relational database systems, particularly DB2 is desired
• 5+ years of proven development experience working with HTML and CSS is preferred
• An understanding of infrastructure and operations management in an ECM environment is desired
• Experience with IBMs P8, Datacap or Content Navigator ECM solutions
• Experience with ECM technologies/products from other ECM vendors is desired
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click “Apply for Job” to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF or apply with your LinkedIn profile. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later.
ind123 dbt gdoorit, #LI-POST