Attorney - Hackensack, NJ
- 160000SB Requisition #
- Feb 03, 2017 Post Date
GEICO seeks a NJ licensed attorney, in good standing, with 0 -3 years of personal injury litigation experience or up to 4 years general litigation experience.
The candidate will handle auto defense litigation including first and third party personal injury claims as well as some subrogation. Under supervision, the attorney will be expected to manage the file from start through resolution. This position requires travel within the geographic area covered by the office, including depositions and court appearances.
1. Research law and prepare legal briefs, opinions and memoranda.
2. Renders opinions on liability, damages and value as requested by the Claims Department.
3. Prepares and handles pleadings, motions and discovery to include depositions/examinations under oath.
4. Defends by trial, arbitration or mediation all matters assigned.
5. Adheres to the GEICO Code of Conduct, company policies and operating principles.
6. Meets attendance standard of the business location, to perform necessary job functions and to facilitate interaction with supervisors and co-workers.
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union